Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The 10 Most Awesome Disney Villains of All Time

10. Shan Yu

"The little girl will be missing her doll. We should return it to her."

Shan Yu is scary, and ruthless, and has some really good (read: creepy) lines, but his character wasn't as fully developed as a lot of the other villains.
 


9.Yzma

"It's called a cruel irony. Like my dependence on you."

Living proof that dinosaurs once roamed the earth. Yzma is the villain of one of Disney's funniest movies, and as such is one of Disney's funniest villains. She's one of my favorites, but she's number nine because it's difficult to take her seriously. Especially in this form. Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak, Squeak Squeaker Squeaken.



8. Governor Ratcliffe

"I'd help you to dig, boys, but I've got this crick in me spine."

Governor Ratcliffe, and this song, pretty much sum up the history of human conflict: "They're not like you and me, which means they must be evil."



7. Lady Tremaine

"Oh yes, and one more thing... see that Lucifer gets his bath."

 Sadistic and cruel, but what a voice.



6. Dr. Facilier

"Fun fact about voodoo, Larry: can't conjure a thing for myself."

Okay, personally I think Dr. Facilier is the scariest of all Disney villains, just because what he does is in a way, a lot more... conceivable. The occult freaks me out rather a lot. I feel like if you're trying to talk to Satan, he's not going to complain.



5. Hades

"Memo to me, memo to me: maim you after my meeting."

Satan meets used car salesman.



4. Ursula

"We mustn't lurk in doorways. It's rude. One might question your upbringing."

One of the more manipulative Disney villains, but also one of the more entertaining. "Life's full of tough choices, innit?"



3. Scar

"I'm surrounded by idiots."

The most sarcastic of all the Disney villains, Scar arguably has some of the best lines of any character.



2. Frollo

"Such a clever witch. So typical of your kind to twist the truth; to cloud the mind with unholy thoughts!"

As far as evil goes, Frollo wins. Lust, corruption, and hypocrisy make him arguably the darkest of any Disney character, but they also make this song one of the best Disney songs ever.



1. Maleficent

 "You poor, simple fools. Thinking you could defeat me. Me, the mistress of all evil!"

I think that no one could ever top Maleficent as greatest Disney villain of all time. She's got it all: scary looks, fantastic voice and evil laugh, cruel sense of humor. I would slaughter a polar bear and bring back its head for her voice.

1 comment:

  1. "Slaughter a polar bear and bring me back it's HEAD?"

    also, I'm reading this in the periodicals and accidentally pressed play. Talk about glares.

    ReplyDelete