Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Epiphanies

Last night, at about 3 am, I had a life-altering epiphany while talking to my roommate. I wrote as much of it as I could down once I got back to my bedroom, planning on writing about it in depth here later. I was so excited, because everyone else always has the occasional serious, insightful blog post that makes people think, and I wanted a turn.

This is what I wrote:

"On a hill you see all the people and they don't know you. And like, the bible and the torah and the koran and the talmud and the book of mormon? And the other stuff. It's all your geographical location. Like, politics. And morality? I think we shouldn't kill people but other people have other morality. And we don't know each other but we're ALL CONNECTED on some universal scale...
Love
peace
compassion
logic
emotion
apples
eggs
flour
cheddar cheese"

Whut.

What does it mean? And why did it morph into a grocery list? More importantly, what was I on?

The only epiphanies I have that actually make sense are not in any way life-altering. For example, the other day I had the epiphany that when composing the soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean, Hans Zimmer probably drew inspiration from the second movement of Joaquin Rodrigo's Fantasia para un Gentilhombre. I guarantee no one reading this has any idea what I'm even talking about.

Will I ever have a serious, insightful blog post that makes people think?

No, probably not.

I need to get more sleep.

5 comments:

  1. That was the most insightful thing I've read in a long time. Obviously, cheddar cheese is the most important, so it's last in your thought process and thus last on the list. Nothing can follow it. Obviously.

    P.S. I love your blog posts, insightful or not, and whatever epiphanies you put out there. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only there were a like button...lol...I agree with Victoria...'nuf said

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really really love this. What a grand epiphany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first time I read this I choke-laughed. I think that's a step further than scream-laugh. Feel proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like cheese! :) and i like epiphanies! and i like you! :)

    ReplyDelete